Volunteer Basic Guidelines
The Speedway is a very large and complex area. Each year will see many changes in our group as it grows and major changes in the Speedway. With these changes it becomes more difficult to keep track of who is working with us and where they are located at any given time.
It is essential that we have basic personal information for two reasons.
- To contact individuals in the case of a personal emergency.
- To account for all of our workers if there is a disaster, i.e. severe storm, tornado, explosion.
For that reason we ask that you check in at the Raceway Ministries Volunteer Check In located in the Hawk's Landing Campground.
Before arriving, we suggest taking a look at the speedway website at www.kentuckyspeedway.com where you will find many resources from the basic schedule of events to a map of the facility. Take a few moments to familiarize yourself and your group with the different maps available on the website.
- First, pray! Prepare yourself spiritually for the ministry that God has lead you to do.
- Prepare physically! Take a look at the weather forecast for Zip Code 41086, Sparta, Kentucky. Typically July can be very hot but October can get a little chilly, bring appropriate clothing. Also we recommend bringing ponchos for everyone as it not unusual to get a few pop-up storms late in the hot summer afternoons.
Directions to Hawk's Landing Campground
- From northern Kentucky take I-71 to exit 57, KY 35. Go right to Speedway Blvd. Turn left. Hawk's Landing Campground will be on the left.
- From Louisville area take I-71 north to exit 55, KY 1039. Go left, south. At Speedway Blvd. turn right. Hawk's Landing Campground will be on the right.
- From Indiana cross river at Markland Dam then continue straight on KY 1039 to Speedway Blvd. Turn left, Hawk's Landing Campground will be on right.